This is part of the Penfires Cebu Beach Series – Cheap Mactan Beach Resorts – Details and Review, Post Number 6. The last budget friendly resort on this area in Marigondon is Palm Beach Resort. If you reach here you will have already passed by the gates or road to Vano and Rendezvous beach resorts. Palm Beach is a no-frills Mactan resort favored by budget conscious locals. Most weekends and holidays, the resort is fully packed to the hilt. You can’t find any white sand beach area in Palm Beach but this one is very affordable even for those who are on a shoe-string budget. This coming summer I’m pretty sure this place will become crowded with visitors and swimmers.
Please see the pictures below of this resort in Mactan Island.
Palm Beach Resort in Mactan Entrance Area
Palm Beach Resort Swimming Area
Palm Beach Resort Stairs to the Water
GoodPoints for Palm Beach Resort:
- Over 80 cottages that can cater to hundred or more guests
- There is a store nearby that you can buy chips, alcohol, barbeque and more
- Salbabida for rents are available: P30 for the big one and P20 for the small one.
- Budget friendly even for students on a beach outing or for barkadas.
Disadvantages of Palm Beach in Marigondon:
- If you are bringing a vehicle, there is a P50 parking fee.
- No beach area, you go straight to the waters.
- Poor shower and change room (P5 per gallon of water).
- Most cottages are in need of major repairs, and are close to each other, ‘talipapa style’.
Details and Rates of Palm Beach in Marigondon
- Cottage Rental Rates and Entrance Fees –excess person are charge P20/head.
P200 – good for 12 pax
P250 – good for 15 pax
P500 – good for 30 pax
P2,000 – good for 60 pax with free use of videoke machine
P2,000 cottage with free videoke machine
- Day swimming is from 6am to 7pm, and night swimming is 7pm to 6am. Cottage rentals are good for day or night swimming. If you went beyond the allotted time, you will pay another rental for the next shift.
- If you ask for a light bulb to be set-up on your cottage, there is P100 charge for the electricity.
To check on the other Mactan and Cebu beach resorts reviews including rates for island hopping,
please see this post: