I am going to show you how to book promo tickets in AirAsia and then paying for these tickets via Internet Banking DragonPay, specifically using your BDO account. This is especially handy for those who doesn’t have credit cards but have a BDO RIB account.
A. It is assumed that you have already enrolled your BDO account to BDO’s Retail Internet Banking (RIB). If not, please go to BDO website and click on their “Enroll Now” and follow the process.
B. It is also assumed that you have already registered DragonPay for Fund Transfer in your BDO RIB Account. If not, please do so. Here is a guide on how to register DragonPay for fund transfer: GUIDE
*You must do A and B to be able to use this Penfires airline ‘how to’ tutorial in paying your Air Asia tickets without credit card.
If you are done with A and B, you can now proceed with the rest of this blog post.
So you found out that AirAsia has a piso fare promo for 2015, 2016 etc. Now you want to book tickets but you do not have a credit card. What you do have is your bank account.
Aside from credit card, you can also pay for your Air Asia Zest ticket via bank account internet banking, or payment center.
HOW TO FIND PROMO TICKET AIR ASIA ZEST
- Access AirAsia official website. Browse through the screen and find the latest promotion like this Fly for 2 for 1 Piso.
- If you see that your intended destination is on promo, you can now search for your preferred travel dates.
*You can choose one way or round trip.
- Once you input your travel dates, this new screen will show up. You can now see all the promo fares for 1 week. You can select the time and date that you want.
*If your fly date is flexible, then you can choose the best promo price from the dates and times displayed on the screen. Some dates and flight schedule does not offer piso fare so before you book, browse through the other dates.
- Click your preferred date and time to and from your destination.
In our example we will buy a ROUND TRIP Manila to Cebu to Manila.
Then click on “Continue”.
- This new screen will show up. AirAsia is asking for your Contact details, fill in the form.
- Once you have filled up the contact details form, click on “Guest 1” and fill in the personal details of Guest 1.
If you are flying with someone, you click on “Guest 2” and fill in her details.
If your group total is 4, then you click on “Guest 3” and “Guest 4” respectively and fill in the personal details.
NOTE: This is also the point wherein you will choose if a guest will buy check-in baggage. Air Asia only allows 7 kilos of hand-carry baggage. If you are flying with bulky, heavy luggage I suggest you buy and pay for “check-in baggage”.
The cost of the check-in baggage will be added up to the total cost of ticket.
If you don’t want to pay for check-in baggage, click on the red-font “No, Thanks”
- Next screen is for the AirAsia Travel Protection. This is OPTIONAL. It is up to you if you will avail of it or not. Travel insurance will also be per guest basis.
Refer to the screenie below so you can see that the domestic travel insurance is P300 per guest.
If you prefer not to book with travel insurance just click the “No, thanks. I would like to proceed without AirAsia Travel Protection.”
After you selected “No”, you can now click “Continue” to proceed.
At this point, the baggage check-in fee + travel insurance fee will be added to your bill. If you don’t have check-in and no insurance, no fees will be added to your promo ticket cost.
- Next is the “PICK A SEAT”. The default of AirAsia is ‘no seat selected’. If you don’t want to pay for a pre-selected seat, you can just hit ‘CHECKOUT’ right away and no charges will be added.
If you want to pick a seat for yourself and your travel companion, you can now select your preferred seat location then click on ‘CHECKOUT’. Seat fee will be added.
NOTE: Different seats have different prices from P100 for regular seats to P400 for premium seats.
*Personally I don’t pick seats since it’s just an additional cost and I want to save up as much as I can. =)
- The next screen will display “REVIEW and PAY”. This is your last chance of changing your booking if there are adjustments. Remember that most promo tickets are non-refundable.
Go over your travel details again including fly dates, fly time, name of guests. Check also the total amount for payment so you know if the money in your bank account will suffice to pay for your piso fare or promo tickets.
If everything is in order, you can now select your preferred payment method.
NOTE: If you choose to pay via Credit Card, AirAsia has an additional charge or fee. So I suggest you do not use your credit card in buying promo tickets 2015, 2016 from AirAsia. I suggest instead that you will pay for your tickets using ‘Internet Banking’ so there is no additional handling fee.
ADDED NOTE: If you choose Internet Banking, you must complete the payment within 30 minutes. Otherwise your ticket reservation will be voided and you have to redo the whole booking process.
I paid for 2 round trip tickets Manila to Cebu to Manila using my BDO account already enrolled in RIB. DragonPay is also already registered in my BDO personal banking account for Fund Transfer.
DRAGONPAY PAYMENT OF TICKET
1. Select “Internet Banking/Direct Debit”
2. Scroll down the page and CLICK on “DragonPay”
*DragonPay is a payment facility used by many businesses in the Philippines.
3. This will open to a page that will ask you to choose your Bank account from the dropdown menu.
In our sample promo booking I’ve chosen “BDO Account”
4. After choosing your bank account, DragonPay will ask you for the email connected to your bank account. Enter your email. Click on submit.
5. Login to your email and wait for the DragonPay email with instruction.
This email will have the subject line “Deposit Instruction for Transaction Ref: XXXXX12345
* XXXXX12345 – this is just an EXAMPLE reference number. Do not use this!
SAMPLE EMAIL FROM DRAGONPAY
Read the email carefully. Check the amount you have to pay and take note of the Dragonpay reference no assigned to your booking.
6. Now login to your online banking account.
In our sample I logged on to my BDO RIB account so I can perform a Fund Transfer from my bank account to DragonPay account.
7. On your BDO dashboard, click “Fund Transfer” then “Transfer Money”.
8. Select the account you want the ticket cost to be deducted from (Transfer from).
9. Then select the DragonPay account that you will transfer the fund to (Transfer to).
10. Input the EXACT AMOUNT as shown in the DragonPay email. Do not pay more than or lesser.
It must be EXACT AMOUNT of the tickets.
Then under the REMARKS portion, input your DragonPay reference number (do not put any other text). You can get this from the email from DragonPay.
Then under ‘Transfer Schedule’ choose ‘IMMEDIATELY’
Once done, you can now click ‘Submit’
11. A new screen will appear, this screen like below will display the details of the Fund Transfer. This is your last chance to change your mind. REVIEW and check if everything is correct.
If all details are all correct, you can now click ‘Submit’ – the ticket fee will now be deducted from your bank account.
12. BDO will then show a new screen with details of the successful Fund Transfer. Do not logoff BDO yet. You will get the last 6 digits of your successful Fund Transfer (FT) Reference Number.
Once you get the FT reference number, WAIT FOR 2 MINUTES before proceeding.
DRAGONPAY ONLINE PAYMENT VALIDATION
1. Go back to the DragonPay email. On the 3rd instruction, there is a link there where you can validate your payment, click that.
2. A new screen will appear which will ask for the last 6 digits of the Fund Transfer Reference Number, input this on “1”. Then click ‘Validate’, see “2”.
Validation will take a few seconds. Do not do anything on your computer screen while this is displayed:
After a few seconds or a minute, a new screen will show that confirms your payment has been validated.
Don’t worry if you will see this screen that shows ‘Payment not found’. Just let a minute pass again.
Try again to input your FT ref number again. Usually the longest I’ve waited in payment validation is around 3 minutes.
Once your payment is validated your AirAsia promo ticket booking will now show ‘CONFIRMED’, instead of ‘NEED PAYMENT’.
You can now print your ticket or take a screenshot of your screens showing your travel dates and names.
Good news! since the thrust now is to go paperless, the airport guard as well as the airport check-in counter now accepts screenshot of your ticket, travel dates and names must be in the screenshot. You don’t have to print your ticket. Yeyyy for the environment!
ADDITIONAL GOOD NEWS from AIR ASIA ZEST !!!!
AirAsia launched 2 new flights CEBU to CAGAYAN DE ORO and CEBU to DAVAO!!! Book now until November 2 to avail of the P1 piso fare tickets! Check out the promo poster below for more details or go direct to the official website of Air Asia to know more.
Hit LIKE if this tutorial helps you!