Marigondon and Punta Engano in Lapu-Lapu City are home to many Mactan beach resorts, not only cheap and affordable ones but also those of 5 star resort quality like Plantation Bay Resort and Spa and Shangrila Mactan. Every summer a lot of people troop to these beaches for a quick and refreshing dip in the waters. And you don’t have to worry as you can find resorts that fit your budget.
The shoreline here in Mactan is mostly rocky and our area does not have mile long stretch of white sands akin to that of Boracay and Palawan beaches. What you usually see on famous Cebu postcards are the white sand beaches of top resorts like Shangrila Mactan and Maribago Bluewaters or those Cebu beaches on the outskirts. The average and budget friendly resorts in Mactan are at best only having a few meters of white sand (not as fine as Boracay nor that of Bantayan Island in North Cebu) and there are others which does not have a beach area. Please manage your expectation when visiting this cheap Mactan resorts.
If you go on island hopping to the smaller islands of Mactan, there you can see pristine white sand beaches and crystal clear blue waters. But despite the lack of miles of powdery white sand, mainland Mactan Island continues to draw in both local and foreign tourists because our beaches are nearest to Cebu City. It only takes an hour ride from downtown Cebu to get to Mactan.
This post is part of the Penfires Cebu Beach Series – Cheap Mactan Beach Resorts – Details and Review, Post Number 4.
If you are on an absolute travel budget, you may want to check these Marigondon beaches and resorts favored by locals (not tourists as these resorts are typically very crowded on weekends and holidays). These are my personal reviews of these Mactan beach resorts.
VANO BEACH RESORT
Beach area in Vano Beach Resort, Marigondon, Mactan
Vano Beach Resort in Marigondon has the longest white sand affordable beach in Mactan that we’ve visited last January 22. Again the sand is not sugary fine but it is white. This is an old, old resort from way back when I was small. Some no longer recommends this place as this has a bit deteriorated, prime example their restroom and shower room. If you are from Manila or other provinces, I suggest you go for the more expensive resorts not the very cheap ones like Vano.
As you leave the main road in Marigondon, you will turn left and follow a narrow road. Don’t be surprised but you will be charge toll fee if you enter this private road: P20 for cars, P40 for trucks, P10 for tricyles and P5 for motorcycles. Entrance fee is good for the whole day, just show the guard at the makeshift toll gate your entrance ticket (this is if you leave the area and come back later).
This narrow road will lead you to the following budget friendly Mactan beach resorts:
Road to these Marigondon Resorts
Entrance Gate of Vano Beach Resorts
PLUS points of Vano:
- There are various size cottages available for small groups and big groups.
- Entrance fees comes free with cottage rentals (with limitation, discuss below)
- You can easily arrange your boat tour with the boatmen that stay / lurk /tambay in the area or you go direct with the resort itself.
- There is a separate area for grilling your favorite sinugba.
- You can reserve rooms or cottages, 50% of fee to be deposited to the bank.
Disadvantages of Vano Resort:
- The cottages are close to each other.
- The bathroom and shower room is not really inviting.
Cottages in Vano Beach Resort Marigondon
Big Cottage for Large Group P2,500 at Vano Resort in Mactan
More Cottages at Vano Beach Resorts
Details of Facilities, Services, Rates of Vano Beach Resort:
- Entrance fees are good for either day trip or night swimming. Day trip is from 6am to 6pm whereas night swimming is from 6pm to am. If you extend beyond your ‘trip’ time, you will be charge the rate for the next ‘shift’.
Small Cottage rental rate is P300, gives free entrance to 10 person, excess persons are charged with P20 per head. You have more choices for ‘big cottages’, these big cottages gives free entrance fee for max of 50 pax: P1,800 / P2,000 / P2,500, same rate for excess persons.
Vano also have resort rooms with aircon good for 2 persons for P1,500 per room, excess heads are charge P200. They also offer fan rooms at P750 good for 2 pax, excess persons are charge P150 per head.
- Shower and Bath – After your swim, you probably will want to wash away the seawater and change clothes. You can but there are corresponding charges: You can buy water for P20 per container. Use of restroom is free.
Vano Beach Resort Shower and Change Room
- Electricity charge – This is for those who are bringing videoke machines et al or those who opt to go for night swimming and request for installation of lights on the rented cottage. There is an electricity fee of P100.
Another look at Vano Beach Resort Mactan
To reserve a room or a cottage at Vano Beach Resort, please call 511-9256
Vano and Rendezvous beach resorts in Mactan are neighbors, but to go to Rendezvous can be a little trickier, just watch out for their small sign and follow the narrow road in case you want to check out this other resort.
Vano and Rendezvous Beach Resorts Location
To check out the other resorts in the area, please see this Mactan Beach Resort Choices and Overview. Thanks!