There are a few things you need to remember to have a wonderful time in Sagada.
1. There are some spots that in my opinion you really need a guide like Sumaguing Cave, Cave connection Lumiang-Sumaguing, Aguid Rice Terraces to Bomod-ok falls and Mt Ampacao Trek to Lake Danum. You can check out the Saggas (Sagada Genuine Guides Association). Other sites you may just ask any local to give you the direction like the Echo Valley, Pottery, Sagada Weaving.
2. Guide fees are set by the municipal council and are regulated. But you can always look for guides that offer whole tour packages or best to come in groups to cut down on costs.
3. If you have the means hire a vehicle.
4. Have a hotel reservation before going. Hotel rates go for 250 – 300 per person. I recommend george guest house. If you like the farm like setting go for rock-inn hotel but its a km or so from town center. If you like to be in the town center but likes a good viewpoint go for st joseph resthouse.
5. Bring muscle pain killers (lots of), sunscreen and toiletries. The hotel provides only tissue paper.
6. The curfew of 9pm is for the businesses only but since every establishment is close by that time it feels you also have a curfew hehe but you wont mind because you would be so tired by then you want to sleep and relax your muscle.
6. Food. A good meal in a sagada restaurant costs about 170 – 190 per pax, drinks not included yet. Food in hotels are a bit cheaper. They have big servings i supposed because of the many visiting foreign tourist.
7. Be prepared to walk, trek and walk.
8. Please take care of your trash. Be environment conscious.
9. Rechargeable batteries is best for your cameras
10. Respect the local culture and the people.
And lastly, Enjoy Sagada!
Have a kickass Sagada Adventure!!! :)
To get alerts of new posts, please follow Penfires on Facebook =) Salamat!