This is my reply to Penfires visitor Andrea on how to get to Cebu tourist spots by jeepney. I’ve again decided to make this a separate blogpost coz my response I’m afraid is so long hehheheh. This might help you too if you are bound for Cebu and you want to explore the city on a shoestring budget.
Thanks for the wonderful comments! 🙂
>>Ok.. I have a lot of questions.. hope u have a lot of time to answer this.. thanks in advance.. I hope with fare na rin.. Jeepneys only ha.. para maka-save…
I’ll try my best hehhehe
My First Day:
1. How to go to Tops: I’m coming from Mactan Airport
2. From Tops, I’m going to South Terminal
Okay I am just curious here, why do you want to go to South Terminal, are you going to the South like Badian, Moalboal, Dalaguete etc?
Now, on your question to Tops. Errr I have often say this if you are alone, the Tops is not a good place to go in the sense that its gonna be expensive, the place is up in the mountains and no public transport go there. 🙁 And even if you are 4 in a group, the taxi fare of around P600 to P800 burns a hole in the pocket. 🙁 You can try out habal-habal motorcycle to go there at P200 round trip but it comes with risk. And since you are gonna be alone, I’d suggest not to go there na lang.
*** I highly recommend you go to Mactan Shrine straight from the airport kasi ang lapit-lapit na talaga as in!
If you make SM Cebu your based then going to the Cebu South Bus Terminal is easy. In SM take a 10H or 10M jeepney “Pardo”. They passes by the Citylink Terminal and the South Bus Terminal. Fare is P7.50.
>>>3. From SM Cebu to _________
* I’m planning kasi to visit Mactan Shrine, Magellan Cross, Sto Nino Church, AA Barbecue, Taoist Temple and the Shamrock Store… kaso I don’t know if alin ung uunahin at pagkakasunod sunod???
From SM go to Mactan Shrine first as it’s the farthest. (Please consider going to Mactan Shrine after you get off the airport.)
- Ride a vhire in SM terminal and get down in Marina Mall. P25.
- In Marina Mall ride a multicab with “Punta Engano” signage, P11, get down in the shrine.
- After your done, go back to SM by riding a multicab with “Bag-O” signage. Fare P14, get down in Mandaue Coliseum.
- In Mandaue Coliseum, ride anything with SM signage. P10
- In SM, ride a 12L or 12G or 10M or 10 H, Get down in Cebu Cathedral P7.50 – and then just walk to Sto Nino Church and Magellan’s Cross
***If gutom na sa SM I suggest mag lechon ka sa CNT, ¼ kilo ng Cebu lechon is P125. Don’t miss Cebu Lechon please! 🙂
6. From Magellan’s Cross, ask a guard where you can ride a “Lahug” bound jeep. Any Lahug jeepney will do 17 or 04 starting route code nyan.
7. If you are already onboard a Lahug Jeepney, tell the driver to drop you off in JY Square. P7.50
8. In JY take a taxi to Taoist Temple, no other choice.
9. From Taoist Temple, take again a taxi back to JY.
10. In JY, ride a “Jones” bound jeepney and tell the driver you are getting off in Joven’s Grill near Fuente. P7.50
11. Walk to Shamrock around the Fuente Circle. Shamrock – Larsian – Crown Regency are in the vicinity.
*Suggestion din for food please… affordable with good ambiance..
AA BBQ is good, there is one in Guadalupe but you may need to ride a taxi if you are near Fuente para mas madali, maybe around P60 taxi fare.
Ding Qua Qua I like their dimsum buffet P250 with drinks na yan.
Balamban Liempo!!! Di masyado maganda ang ambience pero yung pagkain, sarap! There is one in Guadalupe too.
If you can spare P300, I’d say try out Casa Verde for their Baby Back Ribs or Mooon Café (they both can be found in Ayala Terraces and IT Park)
Cebu’s Original Lechon Belly lami! You should try! But this one is not for ‘ambience”
*Suggestion din for Spa… again… ung affordable lang ha..
Ang damig murang spa and massage sa Cebu as in. They are everywhere and they are legitimate spa and massage, let me clear that out hehehhe.
If you are gonna visit Cebu Asiatown IT Park – ang daming spa nearby nyan.
Hope this helps! =)
UPDATE 2015: I am juggling multiple tasks, doing personalized Cebu Tour itineraries is no longer possible for me. :/